Parking & Transportation
Park & Ride
Regional Transportation Authority buses will provide shuttle transportation to and from the beach at the end of Sandcastle Drive. SandFest attendees may walk to SandFest from the end of Sandcastle Drive.
Cost for the bus is 25 cents per person each way. Please have exact change.
Shuttle buses will run Friday through Sunday, from 10 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. each day.
To ride the buses, park free at the following locations:
- Roberts Point Park (near the ferry landing)
- Lot on Island Moorings Parkway. Take State Hwy. 361 to Mustang Blvd. or Piper Blvd. Take Island Moorings Parkway to parking lot.
Golf Cart Shuttle
Free golf cart shuttles at Access Road 1-A and the beach will take people to and from SandFest.
SandFest Parking Lots on the Beach
There are 2 parking lots on the beach next to SandFest — one at the north entrance near Ave. G, and one at the south entrance near Access Road 1A.
NOTE: The City of Port Aransas requires a $12.00 permit to park on the beach. Permits can be purchased at:
- Entrances to the beach
- Port Aransas Chamber of Commerce & Tourist Bureau – 403 W. Cotter (across from the Ferry Landing through the light to the sea foam green building on the right). RV parking permits also available.
- IGA Family Center, 418 South Alister
- Stripes Convenience Stores
Handicapped parking is available on the beach in the north SandFest parking lot, near Ave. G.
SandFest visitors can get around town and to the beach on the city shuttle. Cost is 25 cents.
Visit the City of Port Aransas website for trolley schedules and more information.
We Love Our Sponsors!
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest Texas SandFest news and information. (NOTE: You will receive a Subscription Confirmation email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription.)