The competition will be held on Saturday, April 23.
Deadline for Registration
April 14, 2017.
The registration fee includes wristbands for contestants:
- Solo competitors are issued 1 wristband each.
- Each team is issued up to 6 wristbands.
If you would like additional wristbands, please add them to your cart.
Guppies & Youth
Saturday, April 22: 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Teen & Adult
Saturday, April 22: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
You will receive your packets and wristbands at check-in.
- Friday, April 21, 3:00 – 6:30 p.m. (Early Check-In) Volunteer Tent, located at the north entrance to SandFest.
- Saturday, April 22, 7:30 – 8:00 a.m. South entrance to SandFest.
The competition is limited to a total of 75 plots.
- Guppy: 5’x5′
- Youth: 5’x5′
- Teen: 8’x8′
- Adult: 12’x12′
Water will be provided on a limited basis. Contestants are allowed to bring or gather additional water, as needed.
- All participants must check in prior to the contest time.
- All work must be done within your designated plot.
- Only sand from within designated plot may be used.
- Decorative materials may be used, but all non-biodegradable items must be removed immediately after judging.
- Nothing may be added to the sand except water (no paint, flour, sugar, cement, clay or adhesives, etc.).
- Only registered participants are allowed inside plots.
- No power tools may be used inside the plots.
- Holes must be filled; and trash and equipment removed before the judging.
Decisions of the judges are final.
Judging is based on:
- Originality and imagination.
- Degree of technical difficulty.
- Artistic merit.
Winners will be announced at 5:30 p.m. Saturday in the Entertainment Tent.
Texas SandFest is an outdoor event, located physically on the beach, and will happen rain or shine. There will be no refunds given because of inclement weather.
Contact: Lisa Shelton, email@example.com, (361) 249-6792.