Two persistent nieces dragged Dale Andrews out reluctantly to a local sandcastle competition in 2008 where the family team took home 2nd place. Dale took home a new life be for sandsculpting. In 2013, he ventured on his own and has advanced through the ranks taking home several People’s Choice awards and first place finishes across North America. Recently Dale’s work has recently been seen on an episode of The Amazing Race Canada where he helped producers from the Canadian and American shows design a sandsculpting challenge. His goal is to make the audience think, smile and see the story behind every detail in his sculptures.
- 2013 Sandcastles Festival, 1st place
- 2014 Sandcastles Festival, 1st place, People’s Choice
- 2014 Florida State Championships, 4th place, People’s Choice, Quick Sand runner-up
- 2014 Lake Worth, People’s Choice
- 2014 Sauble Beach Sandfest, 3rd place