Lisa Fewless has had a lifelong interest in art, and has explored many artistic mediums over the years. She has a degree in graphic and commercial art, and has spent the past ten years working at an embroidery and screen printing shop, creating designs for clothing.
Lisa first took an interest in sand sculpting about five years ago when she saw photos of sand sculpting events in Florida. Her fascination led to volunteering, to working at a Sandbash event that same year. She was excited about what she saw, and learned there. She entered her first sand sculpting competition in 2013.
Lisa has taught young children and adults the basics of sand sculpting at Blue Water Sandfest in Port Huron, Michigan. Several of her students have gone on to compete and win medals in the Amateur Division contests.
- 2016 – 1st Place American Championships, National Champion, Advanced Amateur Division
- 2016 – 3rd Place Blue Water Sandfest, Michigan State Champion, Advanced Amateur Division
- 2015 – 2nd Place American Championships, Amateur Division
- 2013 – 1st Place American Championships, Amateur Division
- 2013 – 2nd Place Blue Water Sandfest, Amateur Division